Thursday, November 20, 2008

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

This is a meal that I put together last minute. I wasn't going to blog it originally, but it turned out really well so I figured I'd go ahead and throw it up here. There's nothing fancy about it, but it was easy to make and tasted really good. Definitely a cold-weather comfort food.

Easy Chicken Pot Pie
  • 3 medium russet potatoes, mashed
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed veggies, brought to room temperature
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
  • 1 package Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations
  • salt, pepper and thyme to taste

Spread mashed potatoes on the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish. Spread mixed veggies and shredded chicken over top. In a small saucepan, combine soup and milk and mix over medium-high heat until smooth and warmed through. Pour over top of chicken. Season with salt, pepper and thyme to taste. Unroll Recipe Creations and lay it over top of pot pie ingredients. Bake according to package directions (I think it was 350, but I don't recall exactly. I'll update this next time I make it) until golden brown, approximately 17-20 minutes.

No comments: