Monday, January 26, 2009

Chicken Fried Rice

I have made this recipe a few times now. I originally got it from Joelen's Culinary Adventures. If you haven't checked out her blog yet, you should, she is quite the busy foodie. I never thought that I could make a decent fried rice until I followed her instructions. The other night we were stuck on what to prepare for dinner, and we realized we had leftover chicken, rice from the Pork Chops in Tomatoes we'd just made, and veggies in the freezer. So we made up a quick Chicken Fried Rice that hubby says is better than at the restaraunts. I skipped a few ingredients from the original (because of an upset stomach from too much movie popcorn and laziness), which is listed above, and have the recipe we used below. Even with the limited seasonings in my version it is an incredibly flavorful dish. You could easily make this with any variety of meats and veggies.

Chicken Fried Rice
  • 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 cups day old rice

Heat oil in a wok or large fry pan. Stir fry chicken until crispy, push to side of pan. Crack the eggs into the pan and scramble until cooked through. Add rice to the pan, crumbling it up as you do so to seperate the grains. Add soy sauce. Add frozen vegetables and heat through.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I finally just tried making my own fried rice in the last few weeks, and I'm so glad that I did! Yours looks great. aaaaand, now I'm hungry. ;)

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Looks delicious! I could eat fried rice every single day...